One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Is bad news still news?

Hey everyone,

I've decided to stop watching the news as since this government has come into power it has been nothing but gloom and doom. We have the cuts, social housing, immigration, train prices, North Korea and South Korea, Ireland bank crisis need I go on? I mean the only "good" news is Prince William's and Kate Middleton (well it is good news for me as its my birthday which is now a bank holiday yay!).

I do want to know in a way what is going on in the world but life is so grime right now I'd rather have a good day and forget about whats going on then be plastered to the t.v and become depressed. 

I know things are really bad at the moment but life is hard for me enough as it is especially with the cuts that worrying about the rest of the world. Things do grab my eye though and they do scare me. 

I have signed as many petition as I can to help a number of causes, many being for disability as I think the main fall has come on the disabled and low income families. I don't think these petition's will work though as I don't think the government cares or takes things like that seriously as they know that the cuts are going to upset people, I think action is needed.

I think protest's are good, they get things done and if the nation gets behind something against the government they will have no choice but to change. I think disabled and low income families need to get together and really campaign against the cuts. The bankers and rich would got us in to this mess in the first place will still go home with their Christmas bonus and enjoy their huge presents and feast on Christmas day but those of us on the lower income will struggle and probably get into huge debt just to scrape a "nice" Christmas, how is this fair?

Think about it over this Christmas, we need action people and hopefully in the beginning of the new year the tide will change.

Thanks for reading xxx  

No comments:

Post a Comment