One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Bad day turned into positive day!

Hey everyone,

So I woke up today after sleeping in to midday in another stinking mood. The day didn't start to well, had some bad news from my husband as soon as I opened my eyes and things just continued to annoy me from then on.

I was due to have parents evening with my son's teacher and was not looking forward to it as I knew my son's behaviour had gone downhill recently. He hadn't been really bad he was just becoming frustrated and didn't know how to channel it so was becoming aggressive. Its hard because he had been seeing his Nan recently who gives in to him and spoils him rotten which was making him change into someone very spoilt who needed to be first and given everything. This was causing him to have problems socially with his friends.

Its hard because all you want to do is sleep and you don't have the energy to deal with your child's behaviour. I know I made a mistake for letting it slide for so long but now I've hit breaking point and knuckling down on his behaviour. I don't deal with stress really easily as I end up throwing up because my body can't deal with it then sleep for a day. Being left at home all the time because I can't make the journey, means I miss out on what is going on with my son in school and my husband doesn't really tell me unless its important.

 My husband feels a little out of his depth when it comes to school and don't blame him, his male really walking into a woman's world. I know its the 21st century and more men are staying at home but its still relatively still a woman's world and its treacherous. When it comes to women and their children its really navigate through the social pitfalls as a women, not alone as a man! Women get how other women think but men tend to not understand as women are complex with a mine field of hidden messages, men tend to be more straight forward thinking (not saying some women aren't!) and less emotional. So when it comes to school I tend to know about the hidden messages a little to late after my husband has hit a pitfall!

I hate being on the outside when it comes to my son's education, in fact I hate being on the outside of my family. Their world continues while mine is on hold while I'm ill and I only get to hear whats happened once I feel better.

We went to his school and I'm not going to lie I was in a really bad mood! So bad that on the way there in the car a man was sitting in the middle of the road with his hazards on putting on a trailer. The thing that annoyed me most is there was plenty of room for him to pull at the side of the road to do it but instead sat there blocking everybody else! I unbelted my seat belt ready to unleash on them (because we were late for school because of them) that's how much I was in a bad mood and only needed the slightest thing to set me off.

I got to the school all in a flutter and in a even worse mood! Was ushered by his teacher and waited for her to finish sending the last of the children home. While we were waiting a teacher that has been with my son since nursery came over to talk to me. She lifted my mood by saying that I was a very brave and positive person. By speaking so nicely she brought my mood right up that I was actually thinking quite positively by the time I got to speak to the teacher.

When we sat down and started speaking about how my son was doing and the fact that he is brilliant at school my mood hit even higher! His behaviour wasn't as bad as I had anticipated and we ended up deciding on how we would work together in making sure his school life is enjoyable. So much better then his last teacher would I felt rather then cracking down on the kids bad behaviour she just tired to plaster over the cracks which meant that when things got out of hand the child wouldn't be rectified. 

I'm pleased about the meeting and feel positive that things are on the up now and hopefully my body will follow!

Thank you for reading xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment