One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Thursday 25 November 2010

Immense pain but on bright side I have my hospital appointment

Hey everyone,

I've finally got my date for my eye test and lumbar puncture, both will be done on the 9th of December. My eye test will be done in the morning in the eye clinic then a walk over to the day surgery were I will have my lumbar puncture in the afternoon.

This couldn't have come any sooner as my three day intense pain came to a head this morning where I was in extreme pain and was passing out from it. Both me and my husband know that there was no point calling the doctor or going to A&E as they would just send me home saying I have a chronic disease and to go back to my GP.

When appointments are few and far between how am I suppose to get help quickly? If I had an injury that they could see I would be treated straight away but because they can't it means I'm not in pain. If I'm in so much pain that I'm pass out and throwing up because the pain was so intense why can I not receive the help I need?

The last time I called an ambulance it toke three hours for one to come and when it did the paramedics so shocked at how much pain I was in. They gave me gas'n'air and then tried to get me to walk out my house and down to flights of stairs to the ambulance, it was so painful I passed out. They ended up giving me morphine and the gas'n'air just to get down the stairs!

Once I got to the hospital they checked my observations kept me there for four hours as I had morphine and bounced me back home even though my medication wasn't working they never came me anything to help, I just had to deal with it.

I am hoping that things don't get any worse even though I know it is, I hate having to deal with the hospital but I can't deal with the pain either. I hope that I get my appointment to the pain clinic soon.

Pray for me.

Thank you for reading xxx

4 comments:

  1. Sending my prayers to u Nikki,, at last u got ur appt,, thats really weird, my appt was 9th dec for my neuro appt but speakin to kate (ms nurse) y'day on the fone they r moving it forward 1 day so i get to see him on 8th dec to start treatment!! aagghhh. Let me know how u get on,, i had my LP sat up and it hurt like hell but my dad n my mums friend both had theirs led down and didnt hurt their spine so much,, so hopefully urs will be done led down,, will b thinkin of u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica, hopefully it will be laying down. My appointments are my eye test at 11am and my lumbar puncture 1pm, really scared about it more of the results then the pain. Hopefully I can start steroids for my eye after the test, can I ask did you have to be a in patient for the steroids or do you stay till its finished then go home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soz only just read your reply,, u just go in for a few hours a day for 5 days and sit with the drip in or they may give u it in tablets which i had 3 times before i had the drip n u can just take them at home as and when,, but drip is defo the better option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that I do end up given the steroids! Thank you so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete