One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Friday 26 November 2010

Do disabled people have the right to moan?

Hey everyone,

Recently the topic of moaning (more me moaning loads) came up and it got me thinking about people with chronic illness's or disability being able to moan. I hear all the time of those in constant pain or have a disability hiding their pain and anguish behind a smile because they feel they have to.

I think that we have more right then most to have a good moan now and again, why should we hide when we're in pain or frustrated just to make people feel better or less awkward.

I moan all the time on Facebook and Twitter if I'm not feeling 100% but its not all I talk about and a lot of my only contact with friends is through these sites, so my only chance to talk about me being frustrated and in pain is through these sites. A lot of my friends ask if I'm OK and I tell them the truth.

My point is if I constantly tell people I'm OK when I'm not their expect a lot more from me as they think I'm well enough, so I'd rather them know I'm not feeling well then thinking I won't meet up with them or go out because I'm lazy or don't want to socialize with them.

I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm not well and in pain constantly because if these people went through as much pain as me and was having to deal with GP's, hospital doctors and nurses and a whole heap of tests they would be laying in bed moaning all day saying "why me!"

So in my view moan all you like because a good old moan is good for the soul! Your more likely to get depressed and frustrated if you keep it all bottled up and if they don't like it, they don't have to be your Facebook friend, follow you on Twitter or listen to you!

Thanks for reading fellow moaners! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment