One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Its Christmas don't you know your not allowed to be sick?! part 2 of Christmas shopping!


Hey everyone,

So yesterday I braved the storm and went shopping, I went to a toy shop and supermarket.

It was packed in the toy shop, so many people pushing and shoving so that they are the first to the toys, me I wasn't so keen on getting in the huddle. While I was making my way around the toy shop two men no matter where I was kept bumping into me. I mean I would be walking down an aisle browsing at the toys when there they are walking towards me. It didn't matter if I was at the side of the aisle of in the middle they would look at me like "I'm here and I want to get past, so what you going to do about it?" No matter where I was in the aisle they would give me a filthy look and barge past me.

I'm not exactly skinny, I have bright red hair and have a walking stick how can you miss me? Why do people insist on trying to walk through me? I'll tell you why because their selfish, their so self obsessed that they think where ever they walk people are going to part like the red sea so they can walk straight through. Err excuse me but this is the real world and trust me you really are not that important, and I'm not going move just because your there. 

While I was there being shoved out the way we stopped to look at a certain toy. My mother-in-law had brought my son miniature robots called Zippets, we stopped to look at the range of Zippet toys. While we were there a women hurried up behind us and was fidgeting like a child desperate for the toilet, I couldn't understand why until I saw in her arms a load of Zippet toys. This lady was itching to get at the Zippet toys and when my mother-in-law picked up the last of this certain part of the Zippet the women looked at her as if she had just ripped out her heart, she was devastated.

I do get why parents drive themselves crazy rushing around trying to find a specific toy that their child has requested but if its just the matter that they are picking certain things out does it matter if they don't have it? They have no idea their getting it so I doubt their going to break down if they don't have it.

Next on to the supermarket that was packed full of manic people panic buying. I have heard that because of the snow a lot of corner shops and bars have flooded the supermarkets to buy all the bread, milk ect and alcohol. The supermarkets have fought back by I.ding everybody who was bulk buying to make sure they wasn't coming in time and time again, they were limiting the bread to six a person. I don't know why anyone would want to buy six loafs of bread in one sitting? 

People were rushing around everywhere snatching things of the shelves before anyone else got there. By the time I had got to the supermarket my hands had really started playing up, I started dropping things. I had more people bumping onto me and was having to navigate through the crowds and this was in the middle of the day! We did our shopping and went to the tills, while I was helping my husband and mother-in-law putting the food on the conveyor belt, my hand failed and jar of baby food slipped smashing all over the floor. The people behind us wasn't best pleased, I can't help it and I don't do it purpose my hands just 'let go' and there is nothing I can do about it so your tutting and comments are not going to change that. So in the end we got our shopping through without anymore "incidents" and escaped the madness.

Remember people there is another Christmas next year! Its not the end of the world!

Merry Christmas! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment