One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Monday 20 December 2010

Christmas spirit

Hey everyone,

I'm sitting on my sofa watching the snow fall while the Christmas lights flicker on and off and I'm getting excited about Christmas.

A lot of people are frantic and worried about the state of the country and how their going to afford Christmas. I've done this myself, I have sat and cried my eyes out because I couldn't afford presents for anyone in my family and just managed to get presents for my sons. My baby boy was only two months old so he didn't get a lot and that tore my heart to pieces but when it came to Christmas day the presents are only apart of it, we still had a fantastic day without the presents.

So what is Christmas? Is Christmas about all the presents and enough food to fed a third world country?
There are some, where Christmas is all about what presents you can get. My husbands sister and husband send list of things that they want for Christmas, they send them to each other and to relatives. My mother-in-law in a bid to find out what me and my husband wanted for Christmas said that she liked the fact they write lists as she knows when she buys something she will know you need or like it. Me and my husband don't agree, Christmas isn't about presents, especially when your an adult. List are fine for children to write and send to Santa but at 27 and 30 is it really necessary?

I feel Christmas is about family getting together and having a great time. Its the time of the year when people get together or send Christmas cards to relatives that they don't usually see or speak to. Christmas is magic! I can't remember if I've ever had a white Christmas? So I must admit I'm excited about the prospect of saying in my life time that I had a white Christmas.

So I'm sitting here watching the snow fall and thinking I'm going to forget the stress and the strains of life for one day and enjoy the family I was blessed to have. I'm getting into the Christmas spirit and enjoying the magic of Christmas, the joy it brings to so many people.

So come on everybody, forget about the presents and the food for just a moment and take in the essence of Christmas. Take that moment and own it, imprint the magic in your memory as it only comes once a year and all those stress's and strains will still be there so don't let them spoil the magic and that special family time.

Merry Christmas everyone! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment