One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Sunday 5 December 2010

English people are lazy?

Hey everyone,

I know I'm going of the beaten track but I had to write about this.

I found out today that someone I knew was insulting my family and race which is also their own and I was angry and insulted reading it!
They not only insulted my family but all English people in general, this is their quotes:

 "The problem with the English is that most of them would rather "breed" so that they have some poor excuse to sit on their fat arse and claim free benefit rather than spend 6 years at university to get their doctorate certificates."

I disagree although there is a minority (you only have to watch Jeremy Kyle to see that!) who are lazy and don't want to work, most people would like to work and be able to support their families but are unable to find jobs. In today's society with the coalition government there are more people on benefits who had jobs but was unfortunately cut due to this government. This person is basically saying every ENGLISH person, (because lets not forget there are also other ethnic minorities that are on the dole but that's OK!) is lazy and refusing to work and have more children to claim more benefits! That includes single mothers, families who have lost their jobs and lets not forget the disabled who "pretend" to get benefits. There are many doctors, nurses, societies, etc that are English and work really hard to get where they are and I think its ridiculous to tar us all with the same brush as this minority.  

"How many English people reading this is currently unemployed or at home on some type of benefit - I would estimate more than half! I think English people just settle for the "easy life" and get into a routine of claiming benefit rather than having an ambition to better themselves"

 So we're all lazy and have no ambition growing up other then to have a baby, claim a council house and live the rest of our lives on benefits, I don't know about you lot but I am utterly offended by this! I am fed up of being accused of being lazy, I worked to get myself through college because my mum couldn't financially support me, got my degree then fell pregnant. Yes I went through the council system to get my home but it wasn't my "ambition" it was the only option I had otherwise my son would have been on the streets and I would prefer to have people look down on me then have my son on the street. Me and my husband have worked to support our family and I do not appreciate being called "lazy" all because I'm on befits because I have a condition I have no control of!

"Think of your local corner shop for example, they work 18 hour days 7 days a week, could you see an English man/woman doing that – NO"

I know a lot people who work long hours for a low income and yet the still struggle why? because its expensive to live and support your family with rent and council tax robbing most of their money so they need extra help from the state just to feed their children. Its ridiculous to think that only the other race's in Britain work long hours and for 7 days a week.

"Despite colleges offering free creche facilities many parents still choose to stay at home happy to continue to claim benefit for the next 50 years without putting a penny back into the system!"

I have found that with especially Job seekers allowance they won't support you while you are in education trying to "better yourselves" as if you are in education you are not looking for a job and therefore they will stop your benefits, its a catch 22 situation. You are trying to "better yourselves" by getting a degree to find a job/better job and yet if you have no other financial support you can't apply for a course because the government won't let you. Again they have no real clue on how the world actually works!

" I'm just so pleased this government has the balls to re-look at state benefit and make some well needed changes."

I agree changes need to be made but they are attacking the very people who need it most. Most of the cuts made by this government have affect those on low income and the disabled, and yet let the rich and tax dodgers free to continue without any real bother. Even a Conservative MP is a tax dodger so how can this government truly set out to make real FAIR changes?

"You never know, after all of these changes that the government are currently implementing to force people out to training/work, the English may be educated enough to be doctors, and the ethnic group that currently dominate our doctor positions will be more proportioned – we can all hope, but don't hold your breath!"

 How can the "English" better themselves and go to university if the government are putting tuition fees up so that only the rich will be able to go, have they been on another planet? All the student protests that have been going on surely would make them realize that? Its insulting not just to English people but to those who are in a ethnic group! Again this person has no real grasp on how the world is, many English people are in high powered jobs and not just the ethic groups.

"England has one of the best education establishments in the world and that's why people want to come here to study. However, most of the English are too busy queuing up at the chad office and counting their benefit money to take advantage of this!!! There are so many people that are illiterate (little education and therefore can't read / write / spell) in this country and it's so sad given the opportunities that are available to them."

I'm offended by this as I did go to college and did get a degree regardless of the fact that I am dyslexic and hard of hearing and had no help what so ever in my school life and yet came out with 5 C's and 1 A in my GCSE's. I am also a Dental nurse that was employed to work part-time but ended up working full time relying on family members to hep with child care. My husband would end up getting home at 1am from work and just had Christmas day off and had to work on all the bank holidays, so while me and the boys were celebrating with family on Boxing day my husband was working and yet his lazy? I just don't get it, all because a bunch of spoilt kids don't want to work, me and my family are lazy all because we're the same race? This person is saying that if you are English you are illiterate! I mean this is a really racist and discrimination the thing's this person is saying, they even describes illiterate as if we wouldn't know what it means!

"OK maybe their parents didn't give a shit whether they went to school or not, they bunked, took drugs, had a crap childhood, whatever the reason, but there is adult education available for FREE to every person who is a resident in the UK to improve this, to better themselves and to have better job prospects."

OK all you parents out there, according to this person you don't care about your children and their education but would rather them to stay gutter just like yourselves! ridiculous! I'm not a drug taking idiot and I am furious that someone wold suggest I am!

I come from a Romany Traveller back ground and know that a lot of my family have worked hard in their lives, they might have not done things the "right" way but they are happy in the way they are.

My grandad died earning a living picking hops to support his family in fact he died saving his own child, he left my nan to support seven children in an age were there was no help for single parents. They were not lazy people and a lot of my family have real raw talent, my dad can build and business up from just buying a lorry. He will have a fully fledged company with employees within months, two of my cousin's own their own business and have built them from nothing so no I don't think my family are lazy and I'm proud of who I am and if there not well...

If you want to know more about Romany Travelers here's a link http://www.culture24.org.uk/history+%26+heritage/time/georgian+and+victorian/art38559

Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment