One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Saturday 4 December 2010

Its Christmas don't you know your not allowed to be sick?! part 1 Christmas shopping


Hey everyone,

Its another bad night for me, I'm in pain and have a lot of things running through my head. I'm sleeping a lot at the moment barely seeing before 12pm and its killing me, I've got so much to do.

After many weeks of my mother-in-law guilt tripping me into having them over Christmas day (because once again wonder-daughter has dropped them for her husbands family!) I have to now go out and shop for a full on Christmas dinner, something I did not want to do. I also have to make the father-in-law trifle, which takes a lot of effort and time!

All I wanted this year is a quite Christmas with just me and the boys, no pressure to entertain and cook or no embarrassment or shame for falling asleep on the sofa because its someone else's house, just me and the boys. The boys are not going to want a full on Christmas dinner (the husband doesn't eat it and the boys are to young to really know what it is) or mind if I do park out on the sofa plus we have never in the eight years me and my husband have been together have we spent Christmas day with just us as a family, so a nice easy Christmas or so I thought! I now on top of buying presents (which you can mostly buy online) I know have to find the energy to go Christmas food shopping and as you all know is jolly good fun!  

Christmas food shopping takes a huge lot of energy and patience. People go absolutely mad and act like its the end of the world and they need provisions. It is crazy, people charge around grabbing every little thing they can think of and we all know we go crazy at Christmas and end up with enough chocolate and cranberry sauce to last us till next Christmas and yet we still do it every year. So now I will be amongst the carnage this year because lets face it, my husband is no good at this stuff and I'll end up doing it anyway so might as well.

Christmas doesn't slow down or is less of an expectation when your sick, you still have the same stress and strains its just worse because your sick. I'll have to run around (the best I can) to do all the shopping, cooking and hosting for Christmas day and hope and pray that I can make it through. So spare a thought this Christmas while you snatch the last carrot from its tray for those of us that who find it difficult and try and make Christmas shopping that little bit easier for us.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment