One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Thursday 9 September 2010

You can't get anywhere without a thank you! (well you probably could in this day in age)

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to take the time to thank the people in my life that help in any little way they can. Fist I want to thank the Facebook pages National Multiple Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis Trust and Parenting with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) who have connected me with so many different people who were so understanding and helped me feel like I wasn't alone in what I was going through (even if it turns out not to be MS) some of those people I still have contact with and continue to help me.

Secondly I want to thank my friends who have helped me in all kinds of ways. I have a lot of people who constantly ask me how i am to many to name! Jessica Drewett is someone I have met through Multiple Sclerosis Trust and have she helps me through understanding what I'm going through. My friends Sarah West,Diane West Annie Hall, Emma Kyle's mum (sorry don't know your last name! bad I know!) Mayrose Davenport treat me exactly the same as before and don't treat me any different whether I'm in the wheelchair or with my stick. I want to thank my friends Sarah and David Law who have supported me through giving me advice from anything from medicines to getting help. They have listened to me moan and groan I think I've probably burnt their ears off! lol

Thirdly my best friend Sarah Mooney who has supported me through everything. She has been there when I've felt blue, when I'm not feeling well, when I'm happy and when the ambulance has come and I've been out of my face on morphine! I have told her embarrassing things that have happened to me that i wouldn't even have the courage to tell anyone else and she has never judged but have always had the up-most sympathy for me. I really don't know where I would be with out her! She is part of my world now and not just mine but my children's to as her and her husband Brain Mooney are my children's godparents. I want to thank her for her unconditional support and love.

I want to thank my family fourthly as especially my mum and step-dad Vanessa and Mark Brooks for standing by me through thick and thin. They have offered their support through my mum helping with housework or my step-dad taking me to the hospital or pain clinic. I don't know how I would have made it without him! Also my mother-in-law Jacky Hughes who does all she can to help me with getting appointments or looking after our children in the middle of the night. In their own individual ways they are all very special to me. I love them all with my heart and would do anything (in my power or what my body permits) for them.

Finally I want to specially thank my loving and supportive husband who has been my rock for so many reasons. I don't know if any of you know it but in the bible there is the story of Ruth. Ruth's husband dies and the country she's in goes through a famine she follows her mother-in-law to her mother-in-laws birth country where she goes all she can to help them survive. In the town where they live is a man called Boaz to cut a long story short he helps and marries her in turn saving her life. My husband is my Boaz. His a fairy tale come true. He saved my life in so many ways and have given me two wonderful children. He restored my faith in men and humanity. I am extremely lucky to have him and don't know any other man that's like him, he would do anything for me, push mountains if i asked him too. He works so hard he looks after me and our children, he does the night feeds with our youngest as well as the early mornings getting up with both the children taking our eldest to school and picking him up. He works so hard! I don't think a lot of people realize just how hard he works. I really appreciate and love him. He is my life, my love, my world without him I would die.

Thank you everyone who has helped me either through my life or through my medical problems and thank you to all you who have read my blog!

Thank you for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment