One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Thursday 2 September 2010

Between a rock and a hard place!

Hey everyone,

Today has been all about phone calls! We had to phone the hospitals MRI department (after a lot of phone calls and a lot of answer phone messages!) we found out that the neurologist still hasn't sent the referral to have the Brain scan so its back to getting on the phone to the neurologist's secretary (who is never at work by the way!)
which brings me to my next point of DLA is on hold because they need a report from the neurologist who has gone on holiday and is not back to work till sometime this month! The problem with that (as well as the money) is that the job centre want to send my husband (my carer) on a course which means he will be away 2 days a week from 9-4. That means I will have to take my oldest son to school dragging my youngest out with us (never mind the strain it would put on me going down the stairs then walking him to school!) and picking him up as well as looking after my youngest through the day by myself. When we say top the job centre that he is my carer and I can't be on my own they say from their point of view we would be on income support and DLA! 
In the view of DLA and income support is they need the report from the neurologist (who is enjoying his holiday!) for me to receive DLA (which I applied for in April) For us to be on income support we need to be on DLA! AHHH!!!
Its swings and roundabouts all the time and there is nothing I can do about it apart from keeping bugging the secretary.

The other thing that's infuriated me today is that my husband rang Merton Priory a week or so back to complain about having to remove the plaints on the balcony and ask if they could let us put our washing out there rather then using the communal one (as its difficult for us) and the supervisor agreed and said she would come Tuesday to have a look just to make sure it was OK. We were really happy and waiting the meeting positively. Well Tuesday came and went and after trying to get into contact with her we finally did today and her attitude had completely changed! She now refused saying she had spoken to the women who came before, who had drawn her a picture of the layout of the flats and she agreed we wasn't allowed.

I was fuming! I mean really how can you determine a layout unless you visit the place first? Its like any authority they will take the side of the employee before you. She was willing to hear our side before she spoke to her. Concussion, we have no rights Merton priory is a dictatorship and no matter how much you fight with them you will never win. Its suppose to be a fire hazard and I'm obstructing the "communal" area! Bollocks! (excuse my language) its just me and my neighbour and he agrees that I'm not "obstructing" him so I don't see what the problem is? I've been with Merton council for 4 years and never had a problem. I think its because they have just taken over and want to make their power clear to all their tenants!  
The "obstructed" balcony











I mean if you can tell me how they would "obstruct" my neighbour then by all means tell me. (mine is the door on the right and my neighbour on the left!)

The thing that makes me laugh is the right in front of my neighbours front door is a crack in the concrete! They say about up holding our tenancy agreement (which doesn't say anything about no plaints or not using the balcony for any reason) but they are not up holding their end of the tenancy! It says that they agree to do repairs to the building but it has been years that the crack has been there and when the "Nazi" came over to tell me to remove the plaints I showed her the crack and she said she would get a surveyor out to repair it. Its been 2 weeks and there has been no sign of the surveyor but they can send out people to petrol the block to make sure we're not using the balcony!




 
Sorry everyone but the wouldn't go in a line! lol This our the photo's of the crack, the crack aligned approximately 2 feet from my neighbours front door and the crack aligned with the stairs. As you can see there is more chance of my neighbour coming out of his front in a fire and tripping over the crack then there is of him tripping over my plaint pots and washing!

Thank you for listening to my rant and if you have a different opinion or feel the same please feel free to comment.

Thank you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment