One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Friday 18 February 2011

Love and support




Hey everyone,

When your whole world is turned upside down you begin to see the world and the people in it in a very different light. The strength and ability of human beings when their pushed to a limit always surprises me. My husband is a fantastic man and over the last year hasn't ceased to amaze me, he works so hard each day to look after us all.

In the last year my husband has loved and supported me through everything. He says to me "I vowed through sickness and in health" when I mention how much he does for me. Just as my life has changed dramatically so has my family's, my husband has become the main carer for all of us. He comforts me when I'm in pain during the night and still manages to get up with our baby and take our son to school in the morning leaving me to sleep. He takes care of them all day, does all the housework and makes sure we have our basic needs. He supports me through every test and appointment, makes phone calls to doctors and chases results. He has been my support through this last year and kept me sane, without him and my boys I don't think I would have the strength to carry on. In my worst moments he has been there by my side. Most of my family also have helped in the little ways they can.

There is also a wealth of support and love on the Internet and social networking sites. I met who I class as a good friend of mine through a support page on Facebook and a lot of faithful friends through Twitter. I have been on Twitter for a while but never really knew how to use it to my advantage until I followed the broken of Britain. From following broken of Britain which is a non-party political campaign for the rights of physical and mental disabled people and their carers, I was fortunate enough to read the "spoon theory" by Christine Miserandino (bydls if looking for her on twitter) which helped me understand and accept my disability as well as explain it to others. Through Christine Miserandino's work #spoonie has become a trending topic for all disabled people suffering any type of disease or disorder to confide in and support each other as well as sharing advice on disorders, medication and equipment that might help.

Through Twitter a lot of disabled people in the UK have found a voice to fight the cuts and to share information on it also sharing in the shock, disappointment and the feeling of being let down by their government.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how lonely and desperate you might feel there is always love and support around you, you just have to tap into it, mine is through social networking sites whats yours?

Thanks for reading xx

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino

http://thebrokenofbritain.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment