One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Sunday 6 February 2011

I want to give up!

Hey everyone,

I know some people are going to be mad at me saying this but I want to give up! I'm tired of needing help and not getting any, tired of fighting for the simplest things, I'm tired of all the phone calls having to chase down doctors, secretaries, receptionists, occupational therapists but most of all I'm tired of the pain.

I'm in constant pain and I'm fed up of it, I want to feel "right" for one day. I don't want to be in pain or have all the other symptoms and I don't want to fight for help that I'm not receiving. I just want to give up on it all because I don't see the sense in fighting.

The doctors don't care what I'm going through as long as they don't have to deal with me for more the for 5/10 minutes every four months their fine to just leave me. A&E doctors don't care how much pain I'm in because as long as its not going to kill me they don't have to deal with me. Occupational therapy and my council don't care that I'm living in a second floor flat with no lift and don't get out much or the fact I can't get my wheelchair round the flat which would help my husband because he wouldn't have to carry me or the fact I'm nearly breaking my sink from having to lean on it to get on and off the toilet. I'm probably going to be kicked off of DLA for not being too "disabled" enough for them as I don't have a diagnosis and that's without the emotional stress I'm putting on my family.

So please someone tell me the point of still fighting?

1 comment:

  1. I've also had this since I was 12 and am now 27 I've had over 200 surgeries 40 of which were just last year. In also in constant pain and feel I have no life due to it all hope u pick up soon

    ReplyDelete