One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Health and Safety gone mad!

Hi everyone,
Yesterday i was told by my new Landlord Merton priory homes that i wasn't allowed my "gardern" (which is just a couple of pots on a balcony) which for four years my prevous Landlord (merton council) had no problem with.









It was something i shared with my 5 year old son. It was the only thing that me and my son could do togeather. I live on the second floor of a block of flats that doesn't have a lift and I don't always have the energy or will to make the painful journey down the stairs to take him to the park or any other activity.



We grew togeather tomtoes, strawberrys, peas, chillis and peppers. we will not be able to harvest these togeather as i've had to send the plaints to my mother-in-laws till we move.





We grew beautiful flowers togeather! They toke our little sanctuary. I can't belive that they have gone I feel so sad when I go outside and see just an empty space my heart weeps. The reason they toke it away was because it was a fire and health and safety hazzard?? They were no where near my neighbours door but apparently my neighbour is so stupid that in a fire his going to come out his door and run around the balcony trip over my plants before heading to the stairs?? I mean how rediculous! I would be offended if I was my neighbour! The fact that there is a great big deep crack (which is there responsability!) outside his front door but no! he isn't going to trip over that! only my plant pots! I'm the one to blame if someone in the block dies in a fire because I had a couple of plant pots! I'm also a heathen for hanging my washing on a couple of air dryers on the balcony! The communal washing line is right down the stairs, out the building and across the carpark! Now me or my husband are suppose to drag our children all the way down there just to hang washing! what goes through these people's minds?? It was only thing I could do with my son that wasn't too painful and we could enjoy time just me and him. People just don't understand what little things like that mean to a person who can not make it out into the world. It was my little independance that I had left and its all gone. When i'm in so much pain and the burning pain gets to much I go (with help from my husband) out onto the balcony and sit and enjoy peace and quiet and the breeze cooling me down. My kids don't have a gardern but that was a constalation prize.                                   

Thank you for reading! xxx

My balcony now its all gone!

1 comment:

  1. What irks me is that the people saying (or reported to have said) these words are often in supervisory or managerial positions. h&s london

    ReplyDelete