One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Bath time = Hard time

Hey everyone,

Just thought i'd share my experience of my bath time. I know its boring to everyone else and a normal routine but my bath time is hard work. As I sat in the bath while my husband washed my hair i thought of you and decided to tell you about it!

Bath time is a long and hard affair in my house for me. Because tempture can cause me pain my husband has to run the bath just right not to cold and not to hot. Then he has to help me to the bath room and un-dress, then help me in to the bath. I have a folded up towel at the bottom of the bath because the metal hurts my back (the towel only helps a little) and I relax a little before the hard work begins!

I don't get in the bath alot as it is such hard work but don't get me wrong I do wash!Because I have back problems I can-not sit up straight so when its time to wash my hair I kind of just balance there while my husband wash's my hair. Some times I wonder at 23 when I came such a baby? I should be washing my childrens hair with my husband not my husband washing my hair like i'm just another one of his kids on his household routine! How degradeing is it to sit in a bath tub balanceing while your husband wash's your hair! Just inmagine for awhile how it feels to be in my shoes.

After my hair is washed its the ordeal of shaveing! shaveing is hard I have to lay my back with the towel (which doesn't help that much) and put my leg up on the side of the bath to shave (If your a women and shave in the bath you know what i'm talking about) this puts pressure on my lower back which causes alot of pain. I miss bits, I cut myself, I'm the worst shave ever I think a teenager doing it for the first time could do better then me! It is so painful that i try not to do it that much which means constant trousers and long sleave t-shirts. I hopeing when I finally get moved that we can have a shower and a chair so I can sit down while shaveing (as I can't stand up for long periods of time) they won't do it in the flat at the moment as we will be moveing! another catch 22!

As I sit here in my toweling dressing gown having my hands go numb I think about when I used to sit here before not knowing that in a year or so I would be like this. We all take advange of the small things we do and never give them a second thought untill we lose them! I'm guilty too, I toke advange of my life before and now I miss it loads. I miss being a normal parent, I miss being a dancer, I miss just living life normally!

so I'll say goodbye before my hands get too bad and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment