One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Monday 23 August 2010

The begining

Hi everyone and thank you for following my journey.

I would like to start at the beginning so that you all know where it started and everything thats happened since.

I met my husband when i was 15 and still in school. We fell in love instantly and began to plan our lives together. I fell pregnant when i was 17 and had my first son in November 2004 and from there, my health problems started. I wasn't aware of any illness when I was a kid (apart from being alergic to animal fats. Weird, I know!) apart from being really clumsy and would lose things all the time, I never did it on purpose they just seemed to just slip out of my hands I was constantly in trouble for it. Once I left a whole bag full of new school clothes, pencils, rulers, you name it on the bus! luckly no-one took it and was found by the driver who took it back to the garage, I even have left my handbag on a tram full of money, keys the lot! luckly again no-one took it and the driver pulled up to the station swinging my handbag at me! but other then that nothing really out of the blue until i had my first child.

My son was born 8lb at 36 weeks and 57cm long i was size 6 and 7st when i fell pregnant and grew to a size 20! (god knows what i weighed and i wouldn't like to know!) this put massive strain on my back which caused a slipped disc and sciatica. I found this out 2 years later when one week I was in loads of pain and popping Nurofen like they were sweets. I finally went to the hospital and they gave me painkillers called diclofenac. It turns out i'm allergic to anti-inflamatres and ended up in Resus 2 nights in a row with asthma attacks. When I went to my doctors and asked if I could take anything else, she told me there was nothing else and i'll have to pay for physiotherapy so i left it. I carried on the next few years with my life bearing with the pain and resting in bed when ever it got really bad.

I got married in 2008 and fell pregnant with our second son on our 1st wedding anniversary. as soon as my pregnancy started, the problems began.

My 1st out of the blue problem started when I was 3 months I had a burning pain in my groin and mentioned it to my midwife she said that it was my pelvis moving due to the hormones in my body and would go away as soon as the baby was born and sent me to pregnancy physio.

Soon i began to feel alot worse I had emotional troubles due to my husbands family which made me sick, unable to sleep or eat, I began loseing 3lb's a day (which is great if your not pregnant!) I still had the pain in my groin and my back was playing up alot so i found it difficult to walk and stand up for long periods.

Then at the end of my pregnancy I developed shingles. I went to my doctors and they did nothing! I decided then that i was going to change doctors.

After I had my son my Nan died so I didn't change doctors right away and I felt sick with every passing day. My back was really painful by this point and I was constantly tired and found it really difficult to walk.

In January of 2010 I changed my doctor and he told me I had a slipped disc at my L5/S1 and sciatica and was going to send me for an MRI just in case anything else was going on. My MRI came back and said as much so he sent me to neurosurgery to see if they would operate. While waiting to see the neurosurgeons my symptoms got worse I began to feel burning pain in my legs and feet I was constantly dropping things and could hardly walk. Once I'd seen a registrar of the neurosurgery deparment she said " my symptoms don't coincide with anything they had seen" and sent me for another MRI on my lower back and neck and also a EMG (nerve test) My results were the same in my back and nothing in my neck and everything normal on the EMG. By this time the burning pain had gone into my arms and hands the side of my face and i was experiencing fatigue, bowel and bladder urgancy, and alot of other nasty symptoms. they finally decided I needed to see a neurologist.

At the time of seeing a neurologist (26/07/2010) i was experiencing burning pain in my thighs, knees, calfs, the whole of my feet, arms, elbows, whole of my hands, the right side of my face, across the top of my chest and back, and around my chest which caused me to find it hard to breathe.

I had pain in the back right side of my head like I had smacked it off the floor or wall, pain in my eye as well as double vision and my eyeball shaking which caused me to be dizzy, (i wear bi-focals to help) fatigue, bowel & bladder urgancy, also don't know when i'm finished, migraines that cause me to be sick and delirious and by being sick I couldn't take my painkillers which means I'm in pain so have to call an ambulance and go to hospital for morphine, and a whole load that would take me ages to remember and tell you about so because of that the neurologist is going to send me for a brain scan to see if I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and thats what i'm waiting for now.

You will follow my journey of being dignosed, trying to recieve disability living allowence (DLA) and re-houseing (as i'm on the second floor and currently in a wheelchair and unable to get down and up the stairs) you will see how the world treats the disabled and those with a medical condition and the daily struggles those people have.

thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy following me through my journey!

God bless xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment