One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Wednesday 25 May 2011

so here's to writing my own book!



Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I've started writing my own book. Yay me! Its going to be about living with a chronic illness and IH, its also going to have some of my life experiences and stresses. Its going to take a lot of hard work as my head doesn't always let me focus on writing and I'm properly going to have my arse sued from "family" members who aren't going to agree with the truth in my books or how the way things happened but I need to be truthful.

So wish me luck everyone and I'll keep you uptodate on how the books going!

As your my loyal readers I've decided to show the first page of my book! Hope you enjoy xx

have decided that I'm going to write this book not as an autobiography but as nonsensical ramblings from my broken and battered brain. Its to hard to think of sensible things to say, witty banter and to portray myself as a strong, independent, power women who would give Lord Sugar a run for his money so I decided to go with the best way my brain can make it.

My brain has ceased to be so much that most days I can't even remember my name. Like today for instance as I was trying to think of away of starting this book my husband kept talking to me so instead of telling him that, what came out of my mouth was "I'm trying to think of things to think so shush!". I could ask the same thing over and over again where I've forgotten I've asked or completely forget a date and time of an appointment the moment I put the phone down. It takes me ages to follow instructions (which my husband takes great joy in) and I can get my words all muddled up like asking the shop keeper for a packet of crisps instead of a packet of cigarettes. I've forgotten if I've taken my medication and when, I've even got my son's name's mixed up or completely made up a new name for them. I tend to get my Husband's name and my son's name mixed up as they both start with M. I tend to get the same first letter of the word but the word that comes out can be completely different and have no similarity to the word I'm trying to say. People who don't understand tend to get confused or laugh but the way I see it if you can't laugh at yourself someone else will so you might as well join them.

My life wasn't always full of funny antidotes and lost memory. I wasn't always like this, I had a reasonable amount of intelligence although I didn't quite get the grades in school more for the fact I played truant a lot. Despite not getting the grades in school and living with Dyslexia I managed to go to college and get a job as a Dental Nurse. I met my Husband in High school when I was fifteen and we married in 2008. The biggest achievement I've done is becoming a mum to my gorgeous boys Malakye and Jayden. For awhile life was great, I couldn't of asked for anything more. My life was sorted, I was were I wanted to be. I had the love of a good man, a home and my boys to keep me happy and active. I had a job I loved doing and everything was going well. Then I became ill and things began to take a turn for the worse. In truth that year was the worst year of my life although there were some good parts of it most of it was like a bad dream I couldn't wake up from. Life as I knew it changed forever all in a single year.

1 comment: