One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Pain, pain and more pain


Hey everyone,

All I can think of lately is pain. I'm in unbearable amount of pain everyday with no painkillers to speak of and I'm coming to breaking point with it.

I am proud of myself for not being down A&E everyday (although I couldn't even if I needed to as I have no-one to look after my boys and I can't go alone) I'm in so much pain all I can do is lie in bed and my only outlet to moan is Twitter.

I can hardly walk from the pain in my legs and feet, I have joint pain in my knees and feet, burning pain, pin prick stabbing pain in big toes, muscle pain and pain from spasm's. I also have similar pain in my hands and arms.

I have recently been assessed by social services OT and they have decided that they will heighten my sofa, put a bar in the bathroom, a bath seat that will lower and lift me in and out the bath and a commode, ultimately that's all they can do for now as my flat is inadequate for my needs.

So I can't wait to get my commode (although I'll feel 80 years old using it!) as I won't have to make the painful walk to the bathroom as my flat is to small to be taken in the wheelchair.

The OT is also going to write to the council and ask to have us moved to a more suitable place but I'm not feeling like she'll have any success as due to the fact I've been taken off of pain medication (due to IH) the councils medical officer has said I'm "better" and deducted 10 points which leaves us with 20 (you have to have a least 90 points to be considered for a new home).

So basically I'm feeling rather rubbish and need some pain medication. I can't deal with being in this much pain anymore, I've hit breaking point. I need some help, some real help.

Rant over...

No comments:

Post a Comment