One womens story against an a invisable illness

One womens story against an a invisable illness

Thursday 28 October 2010

Staying positive

Hey everyone,

I've had such positive reviews of my blog and I just wanted to thank you all for reading! It makes me smile to hear that you all have either been inspired or have a new insight into the world of somebody who has an illness. Positivity can be the difference between you having a fulfilling life or falling into a deep dark hole of depression.

When I went to one of my appointment's at the pain clinic the doctor said to me a study was done between the connections between pain and mood. People who had a positive mood tend to feel less pain then those with a lower mood. I have found that its not that the pain is any less when I'm in a good mood is that my reaction to it is different.

I found that when I focused on the good things in my life I became less focused on the pain I was feeling. Don't get me wrong when you wake up every morning even after a good nights sleep your tired and the pain is at its worse its hard to be in a "good mood" and that's why its important to have good and positive people around you.

I'm a very lucky person in the fact that I have a wonderful husband and amazing kids by my side and a whole lot of kind and considerate people around me but most of my communication with them wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for social sites like Facebook and Twitter. These social sites are a vital link for a lot of disabled people and without them a lot of them would be isolated with nobody to talk to including me.

Thank you all for supporting me and as always...

Thank you for reading! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment